MA (Hons) LLB
Principal, Ellis IP Limited
D: +64 9 975 1078
Brands, registered and unregistered trade marks, Fair Trading and Passing Off, Copyright, IP portfolio creation and maintenance, IP strategy
Building and construction, plumbing and hardware, mobile game applications, software and software applications, apparel, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), consumer electronics
- Brand Clearance and Protection
- Brand Enforcement
- Infringement Advice and Dispute Resolution
- Risk Management Advice
- Portfolio Management
- Branding Strategies and Architecture
- Fair Trading Act and Passing Off issues
- Domain Name issues
- Advice on the IP aspects of distribution and licence agreements
- IP Licence and Permitted User Agreements
- IP Aspects of Terms and Conditions, Comparative Advertising
- Identification and Enforcement of Artistic Copyright
Rachael is a lawyer, associated member of New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys (NZIPA) and member of Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ). Rachael has 20 years’ experience in intellectual property and is a WTR 1000 recommended expert for trade mark practice in New Zealand in 2020.
Over the years, Rachael has worked with many international and national companies in a range of different industries to put in place strategies to ensure establishment of a solid base of intellectual property rights and enforcement of those rights against third parties. This includes working at early stages with clients to establish effective brand architecture, capable of enforcement internationally.
Rachael routinely works with companies to prepare and review IP aspects of licence and permitted user agreements for development and commercialisation of products and businesses internationally.