Patents, designs, copyright
Software, communications, mechanical and electrical
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting local and international patent and design applications
- Prior art searching
- Advising on patentability and registrability
- Patent and design infringement and validity advice concerning New Zealand and overseas rights
- Copyright and industrial design advice
Godfrey specialises in protecting innovations in the information technology (IT) industry.
He has experience with a range of technologies including information technology, electronics and telecommunications.
Godfrey began working in the Intellectual Property area with AJ Park in 2001, during his time with AJ Park he spent two years on secondment at Drew and Napier in Singapore. In Singapore he worked with a number of large clients including Sharp Electronics, Systems on Silicon Manufacturing, Singtel, Starhub and Molex.
Recent publications (links are included):
- “New Zealand joins Global Patent Prosecution Highway”, Asia Law, September 2017 www.asialaw.com.