Ellis Terry is a boutique Intellectual Property law firm, founded in 2009 by former partners one of New Zealand’s oldest and largest intellectual property firms. Established to serve a local and international client base, but with a strong New Zealand client focus, we provide advice and expertise in all aspects of intellectual property. The firm offers legal and strategic advice to innovative entrepreneurs, corporations, inventors, designers, and artists. Our patent attorneys are experts in mechanical, electrical, computer and software engineering. Our trade marks team works with clients from a variety of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, technology, film and entertainment, insurance, farming and agricultural, building, clothing and textiles, automotive and wine.
Ellis Terry boasts a number of professional accolades, including:
- Managing IP’s Firm of the Year (2017) for prosecution work.
- IAM Patent 1000 Recommended Firm 2017
- Listed in Managing IP’s firm IP stars for patent prosecution (2018) in New Zealand
- Both Blayne Peacock and John Terry are IAM recommended individual for patent prosecution
- Finalists in two categories of the NZ Law awards: “Intellectual Property Specialist Law Firm of the Year” and “Employer of choice”
- Blayne Peacock recognised as a 2017 Asia IP leading practitioner
- Both Blayne Peacock and John Terry are 2017 IP Stars
- Listed in the Best Lawyers 10th edition Intellectual Property Law in New Zealand
- Listed in Who’s who Legal under Patents in New Zealand
ELLIS TERRY is the trading name for the firms Terry IP Patent Attorneys Limited, Terry IP Law Limited, Ellis IP Limited and Ellis Terry Limited. Terry IP Patent Attorneys Limited is an incorporated patent attorney firm, and Terry IP Law Limited and Ellis IP Limited are incorporated law firms.